Down and Out...  

Posted by BT

As I was watching the OSU-Texas game Saturday night with some friends, something weird started to happen. I hadn't been feeling too hot all day, and it started getting worse. Before I knew it I was shaking almost uncontrollably, feeling quite cold inside but hot outside. I went home, where Kari found that my temperature was 103.3. This is my second highest temperature ever (I hit 106 in Peru...remember that night, James and Dave?). So, yesterday was a quiet day at home with a nasty sore throat, a fever, aches and pains, and lots of football. Here are some thoughts:

  • The Colts' run defense is bad. I mean just flat out bad. I think the Colts will still make the playoffs, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jacksonville wins that division.
  • Bengals' fans won't like this, but the hit that Geathers guy put on Trent Green was far worse/more classless/more bush league than the hit the guy from the Steelers put on Carson Palmer last year. Don't mess with a guy's head, man.
  • I've never been a fan of Joe Morgan. I think he's pretty much the worst color commentator in baseball. It's a shame, because I really enjoy Jon Miller's play-by-play, but Morgan makes me so sick I usually just mute the TV. Last night I was reminded of one of the reasons he's so lousy at what he does. He was talking about how well Woody Williams had handled Barry Bonds, and he said the key was changing speeds (this isn't exactly rocket science for baseball fans to begin with). Then he made this statement: "Every pitch Williams throws him in this at bat is a different speed." Hmmm. Then they replayed the at bat, showing the speed of each pitch. There were six pitches in the at bat. Two were 85 MPH. One was 84 MPH. But, according to Joe, each pitch in the at bat was a different speed. And for this performance he gets ESPN's number one baseball color job? Please.
  • On an entirely different (and more selfish) note, Kari and I are in need of new appliances. The house we bought had all the appliances left, but they're less than energy efficient (understatement). Since we don't have a thousand or two bucks laying around unused, we thought we'd just ask all of you for money. Just kidding. But, what you can do is click here and fill out one of the simple offers from FreePay, a site that offers all kinds of free stuff. (Make sure you fill out a free offer...I don't want to be responsible for the financial downfall of my friends.) If enough of you sign up, we'll net a $300 gift card which will help with these needed appliances. We appreciate it in advance.

This entry was posted on 11 September 2006 at 3:44 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Brad I hope you are feeling better. Your halucination and vomit filled night in Peru is a cherished memory. I'm just glad we didn't let that guy, that I think was a vet, give us a shot. I think everyone who got a shot is now dead or at least spending the rest of their lives in some form of institution.

Tim a homer? I feel like something very important was stolen from me. I would never have put the two together.

Griffey for MVP!
Vols National Champs!
Bearcats (or Tar Heels whichever is better) National Champs!
Bengals Super...no, I just can't do it.

No one agrees with anything Carl Peterson says. It's just a fact. Carl Peterson could say that the earth revolves around the sun and the NFL would have to disagree just because he is an idiot and the percentages would always be in their favor to disagree with him.

10:41 PM

Brad.
Peru. Peru. Peru.
That 106 degree temperature almost ruined my 21st birthday party, but it was saved when you all drug your sick butts down the stairs, drooling on yourselfs while singing me Happy Birthday through you partially closed mouth openings, as you attempted to keep the puke in. I am thankful our patron saint, the dog, was watching over our room as you healed.

No mas. No mas. I said. Glad you are better.

2:26 PM

I knew you two would have happy memories of that night in Peru. :)

Dave--We'll be praying for the service you're starting...We'd love to visit sometime.

James--I can relate to your dry spell. Our prayers will be with you as well.

Timmy--A homer? No way! :) Regardless of what the NFL says, I still say "Bush League!!"

What, no comments on the Joe Morgan stuff? Where are the Hershbergers to agree with me?

3:34 PM

Brad, I whole-heartedly agree with your assessment of Uncle Joe. His commentary is indeed replete with jackassery. The thing I hate the most about his annoucing is his great stories about when he played. Ya Joe, I give two licks about your glory days. He does ruin the quality commentary put forth by John Miller.

Tim I agree with both you and the NFL on the Green hit. It was indeed unfortunate, as was the hit put on Palmer last year. Listening to Bungles fans gripe about the intentional hit on Palmer warms my insides. :) As for the Browns, well what can I say except 2 total yards of offense in the 1st quarter. Bravo boys.

10:22 PM

hi brad~
I hope you are feeling a lot better. Eddie and I were in and out of church pretty quick this morning because my fam was in town. Very powerful service though...

We have a stove and over range microwave that we had when we first moved in. They were in good working order when we moved in. They are white. Stove is glasstop. Anyways... if you are interested, call Eddie. He knows what he is talking about:)
Emily

8:26 PM

Post a Comment