End of the Spear  

Posted by BT

Today I was privileged to attend a special screening of a movie that tells the remarkable story of Nate and Steve Saint, Jim Elliot, and other missionaries who landed their tiny airplane on a sandbar in the Amazon River basin in Ecuador to share the Gospel of Christ with the Waodani tribe, the most violent society known to man. You may or may not be familiar with the story, but I was introduced to new aspects of it which were fascinating and inspiring. The film, "End of the Spear," opens in theaters January 20.

Now Reading: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis
Colts: 7-0

This entry was posted on 07 November 2005 at 2:42 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Anonymous  

BT,

I know I was supposed to contact you a while back but it's been crazy busy for me lately. I was reading your Extravagant Love from Ephesians. And I think we studied this passage in our small group in College. Very fond memories! I hope you are well brother. As I think about our times in the past, nothing but smiles come to my face.
rhofacre@yahoo.com - Drop me a note.

10:48 AM
Anonymous  

hey, speaking of smiles and brad taylor...
while my insanely hot (and naked) wife was kissing and doing other such things to me in the kitchen of our little home - while handels messiah was reverberating off of the brick walls and the morning sun was glowing through the curtains...she looked up at me and said, ¨what´s that face!¨ ¨what?¨ i replied sheepishly. ¨it´s the face of brad taylor watching a baseball game¨, she said. the end.

peace

11:31 AM

I'm speechless. Literally, I just sat here for like four minutes trying to figure out what to say about that, and I just don't know. Oh, the memories.

:)

11:17 AM

Post a Comment