Two Years  

Posted by BT

Two years ago today (in fact, right about now), Kari and I exchanged vows and were married. These two years have held more than I ever dreamed they would hold:

  • My ordination
  • A move from Cincinnati to Kansas City
  • The arrival of Braden
  • Another move, from the senior girls' dorm to the freshman/sophomore girls' dorm
  • Leaving behind one community of beloved people, only to discover another

There is so much more I could include in a bulleted list, but the most important event of this time (save Braden's birth) has been a transformation in the way we live, in the way we talk, in the way we see things (life, Jesus, the Church, each other). It has been and continues to be a marvelous journey, and I can't think of anyone I'd rather share it with than my wife. One thing I've learned through some struggles in the past week (see previous post) is that Kari is the one I want to experience all of life with. We've had lots of joys and not much sadness, but we know the cycles of life will take us to those places, too. I'm glad I have Kari for when those times come.

She is full of grace, mercy and understanding. She is selfless and lovely. She is tender and loving. She is warm and sweet.

I love you, Kari. Happy anniversary.

This entry was posted on 22 November 2005 at 1:53 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Anonymous  

Happy Anniversary!!!!

I miss our Breakfast's

Scott

7:16 PM

Hey! Update, please! It's been way too long!!!!

:-)

Aunt Sis

9:11 AM

Post a Comment