In Florida  

Posted by BT

In about an hour, I'll speak to a group of teens from the Central Florida District. Strange how people hear about you...I did a short bit at a missions conference in Kansas City for headquarters, and all the sudden I have a speaking engagement in Florida? And for teens? The Lord does have a sense of humor.

I'll talk to them about the Kingdom, and primarily about "the least of these." Using Scripture, Nouwen's Reaching Out, and excerpts from some of my recent reads (see post below), I feel like the Lord has given me something of value to say. Please pray that I will say it well, and that they will hear Him clearly (even through the remnants of the southern accent).

Thanks to all of you who have written your support in our mini-dilemma. It's remarkable how God has always cared for us, and I don't doubt, as one of my good friends wrote, that He will meet our every need. No decisions have been made, but nothing has been ruled out.

I can't believe I forgot to post the best news of all in the last week.

Now Reading: Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt, by Anne Rice

This entry was posted on 10 February 2006 at 7:06 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Anonymous  

REACHING OUT is my favorite Nouwen piece, so practical, so thoughtful. I used it as a teen devotional, and though there were plenty of blank stares, I think it was beneficial for them to hear something besides Dobson, Graham, and the Manual. Good luck.

I also share my concern and hope for you in this time of transition. Losing one's job unintentionally can be painful and distressing, so I send my sympathies. It can also provide the space and freedom needed to do other more important things, which is my hope for your family. May your tragedy resolve into a beautiful transition in your life.

11:22 PM

How did your speaking engagement go? My prayers are with you during this time of transition and uncertainty, brother!

11:28 AM

Post a Comment