Thoughts  

Posted by BT

A few things...

  • Last night I threw wisdom to the wind and went to the late night showing of Superman Returns with some guys from here at church. There were a few surprises, and it was somewhat predictable (which is to be expected), but overall I really enjoyed it. I was especially struck by all the spiritual metaphor.
  • Still very interested in what some of you have to say about all the questions I posted in my last post about small groups. Thanks to those of you who responded.
  • Spent some time reading Mark Palmer's wife's blog today...I was moved to tears as I read her pain. I never met this man, but he must have really been something special, especially to have moved a bunch of the guys in his community to have the word elpida (hope) tattooed on their forearms, where he had it tattooed. It made me revisit my thoughts of having the word charis (grace) inked somewhere, especially as a tribute of our time in Kansas and what the Lord taught us there.
  • Prayers would be appreciated today for Peter Gammons. Gammons is the Hall of Fame baseball analyst for ESPN who yesterday suffered a brain aneurysm. He revolutionized the way baseball was covered in the 1970s while writing for the Boston Globe. Even though my Dad and I always kid that he says "I mean..." too often, he is respected by everyone who has ever been around him.

Now Reading: We Really Do Need Each Other, by Reuben Welch

This entry was posted on 28 June 2006 at 8:03 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

yeah...I was just reading a memoir of Palmer's memorial service yesterday. Tears came to my eyes as I saw pictures of Micah...Mark's 4-year old. Very sad...but what an impact the man had on that community and beyond! If I could live to be 120, I'm not sure I'd ever impact that many people for the Kingdom...not in this paradigm of ministry.

11:27 PM

Post a Comment