Reliving college...  

Posted by BT

It's been a while since I posted. Here are the most recent happenings...

  • For Father's Day, my amazing wife landed tickets to see Seinfeld live in Columbus. He was HILARIOUS. My face hurt from smiling so much after just five minutes, and tears streamed down my face after ten. And he was on for an hour. Some of his funniest bits were about eBay and Raisin Bran. It was a wonderful evening.
  • Now that I'm college and career pastor, I'm remembering what college life was like. Three nights in a row I've been up until 1 AM or later. Ouch.
  • I just found out that the freelance contract I have with one company, the one that pays the best and sends the most frequent projects, is about to come to a close. I trust God will provide the extra income we had planned on, but I will sincerely miss writing for them. It's something I have truly enjoyed.
  • I find myself strangely upset (or jealous or something) that my name is not linked to all my friends' blogs. It makes me feel as if what I have to say is not important or something. I'm sure this is a tool of the devil (and it hearkens back to this post, which I just reread with tears in my eyes). When will I grow? When will I change?
  • I'm still dealing with the small group ministry here and trying to figure out what it looks like. At times it feels like an unscaleable mountain, but mostly I'm just excited about it. I still seek insight from all of you when it comes to answers to the questions I posted here.
  • I'm really fed up with the American League's dominance over the National League.

This entry was posted on 12 July 2006 at 10:00 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Anonymous  

Last night, the NL was definitely more dominant--more specifically, the Mets. Because a good friend is a Padres fan, I completely blame Trevor Hoffman for everything.

Meanwhile, I can't link by people's names, but your site is definitely a favorite that I check once or twice a day. Don't know if that helps the situation, and the desire for attention and approval is difficult to overcome.

11:55 AM

Raisin Bran???? I have that for breakfast all the time!!!!

I'm bummed about the writing, too. This means I might actually have to get off the couch, get dressed, and find a real job!!!! Oh, no!!!!

1:27 PM

Brad,

If I blogged, I'd link to your site. Perhaps you need this: Blog Shirt. I agree with Corbin, the NL was dominant last night until, well you saw it to. Beltran's heads up stealing of third was great.

1:28 PM

I have the "BT" on my blog, if that makes you feel any better this morning :)

7:54 AM
Anonymous  

Brad, are you solely college and career pastor? Or do you have responsibilities for the youth included? I just wondered b/c I think it is so cool if you focus only on college/career.

benf

7:37 AM

Post a Comment