Two movie questions...  

Posted by BT

I've had these two scenes from movies in my mind (for some reason), and I cannot for the life of me figure out what movies they come from.

1. Someone is threatening a man that they are going to kill his wife and children. The man kills his entire family himself, shocking the others and taking their leverage away. I seem to remember this taking place in an apartment with some orangish/red lighting.

2. A man walks into a security booth of some kind, which requires him to pass through a metal detector. The man places his cup of coffee on top of the metal detector, walks through without arousing suspicion, then reaches into the cup of coffee, from which he pulls out a weapon of some kind (I think it was a tiny gun).

Any help?

This entry was posted on 29 November 2006 at 2:29 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

12 comments

the first film is "The Usual Suspects" when Kevin Spacey is talking about Keyser Sozay and his reputation. the second I can't help you on....

3:06 PM
Anonymous  

Dang it, I knew the first one. I figured somebody else would get it out first. I don't think I've seen the second...

3:12 PM
Anonymous  

And then he showed these men of will what will really is.

4:28 PM

I have "The Usual Suspects" listed as one of my favorite movies on my profile, and I can't even remember that? Ridiculous.

Looks like the real prize will go to whoever figures out the other.

5:56 PM

Is the second movie "In the Line of Fire" with Eastwood and Malkovich? Malkovich is trying to assassinate the president. I remember he had a tiny, plastic gun that he made, but I don't remember that scene per se.

6:31 PM

No, I've never seen that movie, Brandon. Thanks for tryin', though.

7:44 AM

"In the Line of Fire" I think the gun is made of wood and he carries it in in pieces. the scenes where Malkovich practices putting it together under the table without looking are priceless.

the second sounds like a Bond movie perhaps? or a David Fincher-esque action movie?

8:43 AM
Anonymous  

The second one sounds like the end of Boondock Saints, only it's jackets and bags they put on top of the metal detector and the guns ain't small.

"Big f***-off shiny ones. Guns for show, knives for a pro."

10:53 AM
Anonymous  

The gun that Malkovich puts together is plastic, not wood. Nick's quote is from Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, not Boondock Saints. Brad, you're second movie is now stuck in my head and will gnaw at me until someone figures it out.

And shepherds we shall be,
For Thee my Lord for Thee.

7:09 PM
Anonymous  

yea, i'm not sure how i found it. i think i found dave's (i don't know how) and then was just browsing and hit your site.

p.s. i have no idea what movie that second was from.

10:40 PM

OK, I've seen the second scene recently, I totally know what you're talking about. I can see it in my mind! Was it on 24?? (We just finished the third season, BTW.)

8:57 PM

There's a chance that it did take place in 24 or another TV show. At this point, it is absolutely driving me crazy!

8:24 AM

Post a Comment