Compost Bin  

Posted by BT

My friend Doug has been asking me for months to post some pictures of our compost bin, I think because someone is interested in making a similar one. So, without further delay, here you go.



We got the instructions for this bin from Rodale's Guide to Composting. You can easily pick it up at the library. (By the way, I don't want to give anyone any misconceptions here...I had someone build this for me...I'm quite mechanically disabled.)

Total cost for the bin was $85, including the steel drum. We've been at it for probably four months, and probably have 10-12 pounds of ready compost. We'll let it continue to cook for the winter and should have over 30 pounds when spring rolls around.

I am by no means an expert, but I'll be happy to give tips to anyone who is interested in getting started with this.

This entry was posted on 18 December 2007 at 8:51 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Cool...thanks for posting that. It's something I've been meaning to do for awhile but can't seem to get off the back burner. I was hoping you'd share a 'theology of composting' as well. Shouldn't be hard to support?!
:)
Blessings,

11:53 AM
Anonymous  

Those are some great photos, looks like hunting agrees with you but not with the duck!

1:14 PM

Post a Comment