Polar Opposites  

Posted by BT

Today I was in the drive-thru at Chick-Fil-A. I love me some sweet tea. Anyway, the decorations on the car in front of me caused me to chuckle. On the left side of the rear windshield was a small, rectangular bumper sticker. It read: "________ ________ Church: Passionate About Jesus!" (names removed to protect the innocent). Fantastic!

On the right side of the windshield was this large sign:

Details
You can't make this stuff up.

I thought to myself, I'm not sure how those two things go together. However, on my return trip from Portland, during my brief layover in Chicago, I took a picture of two things which go perfectly together:

Fannie Mae and the Cubs!! Two pathetic entities in hopeless slumps desperately in need of a bailout! (I know it's not the same Fannie Mae, but humor me!)

Anyway, you're not going to get me to say much about politics, but if you want to know how I feel about it, read my friend Andy's recent blog.

This entry was posted on 22 October 2008 at 10:32 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Anonymous  

I have some friends who are passionate about Jesus and support McCain while others who are passionate about Jesus and support Obama. Neither candidate represents God, neither party will usher in God's kingdom, so there is room for faithful followers of Jesus to choose either camp.

10:02 AM

Post a Comment