Blue Like Jazz  

Posted by BT

Kari and I are reading this book together right now, and we both are really enjoying it. The subtitle is so true: Non-religious thoughts on Christian Spirituality.

At the end of his chapter on grace is this wonderful statement: "In exchange for our humility and willingness to accept the charity of God we are given a kingdom. And a beggar's kingdom is better than a proud man's delusion."

Now Reading: Blue Like Jazz, by Donald Miller
Cardinals: NL Central Champions; Magic Number: 11

This entry was posted on 21 September 2005 at 9:21 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

I love that book. It is sitting on my coffee table getting ready to be sent to one of my high school friends with the note, "If you have ever wondered what my faith looks like, read this book and you will get a glimpse." She has said she would read it and I think it could present a form of Christianity she can buy into.
If you haven't gotten to chapter 10 watch out, because it just keeps getting better. SO GOOD!!!

11:33 AM

Is Chapter 10 the one on belief? Because it rocked my world last night.

1:55 PM

Brad, do you own that book? If so, bring it to me at MV or Christmas! I want to read it. If not, I'll look for it at the library.

5:25 PM

Sis--Yes, we own it, and we'll definitely bring it to MV for you! Love ya...BDT

3:28 PM

Post a Comment